We are giving away top-quality sea fishing tackle worth almost £4,000 over the course of the project.
- Daiwa has donated 12 rod-and-reel sets: a Sea Hunter beach rod 13' (RRP £74.99) and Daiwa Sealine Powermesh multiplier reel (RRP £145)
- Shimano has donated two rods: one Beastmaster SX STC Surf rod (RRP £219.99) and one Nexave CX Surf rod (RRP £119.99)
- Go Outdoors has donated three £100 vouchers, to be spent in their stores.
- Pure Fishing has donated a Starter Tele Kit SW (15Ib 10ft).
To be in with a chance of winning one of these, all you have to do is complete the online surveys or answer our surveyors' questions if approached while fishing, and leave your contact details. Your name will be entered into a quarterly draw and winning names will be selected at random from all the entries (terms and conditions apply). Prizes will be split between draws covering each 3 month period of the survey.
Read about the winners from the quarter 1 draw.
Thanks to the named tackle manufacturers and retailers for their support, and to the Angling Trades Association for helping us to make this offer available.
Terms and conditions of prize draw and data usage statement
- Any individual completing the online Sea Angling catch or socioeconomic survey, or face-to-face interview in the periods 1 January 2012 to 31 March 2012, 1 April 2012 to 30 June 2012, 1 July 2012 to 30 September 2012,1 October 2012 to 31 December 2012 and 1 January 2013 to 31 March 2013 will automatically be entered into a prize draw unless they do not provide contact details.
- The prize draw will take place within 6 weeks of the closing date and the winner will be notified by email or telephone within 2 months of the closing date. The result will also be posted on this page.
- The prize will be fishing tackle or vouchers as described on this page – no cash alternative will be offered.
- The winner may specify a postal location within the UK for delivery of their prize when they are informed they have won.
- Entry is limited to one completed online catch survey, online economic survey and face-to-face interview in each quarter for each sea angler.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or mislaid.
- Providing contact details on an online or face-to-face survey questionnaire constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- On receipt of the prize a photograph of the winner holding the prize will be provided to the Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science (Cefas) to be posted on the website for promotional purposes.
- Cefas retains the right to alter these prize draws and terms and conditions at any point without any notice.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the terms and conditions, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a prize draw the decision of Cefas shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Winners may be asked to take part in promotional activity and Cefas reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners and their photographs in any publicity relating to Sea Angling 2012.
- Personal data of entrants will be treated in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent. Data relating to entrants will be retained by Cefas for a reasonable period after the prize draw closes to assist Cefas to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the prize draw.