Review of approval scheme
We launched an open, non-formal review on the UK government scheme to approve oil spill treatment products (including dispersants) and their use in UK waters on the 14 February 2011. The purpose of the review was to seek views on the future of the scheme, to ensure that it remains fit for purpose.
The consultation ran for six weeks and ended on the 25 March 2011. We have summarised the responses received and sets out what we intend to do next. We have tried to justly reflect the range of constructive comments we received in response to the consultation. We thank the organisations and individuals who spent time and effort to respond.
- Marine Management Organisation summary and response to the Review of the Oil Spill Treatment Product Approval Scheme (PDF 268 KB)
The analysis included:
- an executive summary of responses
- a summary of some of the main comments made followed by the government response (for each of the questions)
- a summary of additional points raised
- a list of respondents
- a list of workshop attendees.
See the documents below for an outline of the review, the review questions and associated information. We are now working on the summary and government response document, which will be published on this page. A copy will also be sent to all respondents.
- Review launch letter (PDF 42 KB)
- Review document (PDF 93 KB)
- Annex I (PDF 204 KB)
- Annex II (PDF 157 KB)
- Annex III (PDF 1 MB)
- Annex IV (PDF 4.1 MB)
For more information please contact email@example.com
Help with documents
Some of these documents are in the portable document format (PDF) for downloading. Adobe Acrobat Reader can be freely downloaded from www.adobe.com/uk/