Quota allocations are divided in proportion to the number of fixed quota allocation (FQA) units assigned to licences in each group:
- the under 10 metre pool
- non-sector pool
- producer organisations
Under 10 metre pool units are not associated with vessel licences but are held as a single block by fisheries administrations. However, the amounts assigned to the non-sector and under 10 metre poosl will, if appropriate, be adjusted in line with underpinning arrangements.
Adjusted amounts are then divided up among the fisheries administrations based on:
- percentage shares in the rules for under 10 metre vessels
- FQAs for the non-sector
- FQAs for the sector
Fisheries administrations are responsible for then allocating the amounts of quota provided to them by the UK Government. For more detailed information on how this is calculated please refer to section 2 of the UK quota management rules.
- Allocations for the 3 different groups (Excel KB)
- English allocations (Excel KB)
- UK allocations (Excel KB)
The spreadsheets incorporate the 26% in-year increase in all hake quotas.
The spreadsheets below show the final allocations for 2012.
- Area IV and VI (Whitefish) (Excel 745 KB)
- Area VII stocks (Excel 821 KB)
- Deep sea stocks (Excel 354 KB)
- Major pelagic stocks (Excel 560 KB)
- Minor pelagic stocks (Excel 475 KB)
- Email to industry regarding final allocations 2012 (PDF 34 KB)
The spreadsheets below show final allocations for 2011.
- Area IV and VI (Whitefish) (Excel 778 KB)
- Area VII stocks (Excel 588 KB)
- Deep sea stocks (Excel 312 KB)
- Major pelagic stocks (Excel 455 KB)
- Minor pelagic stocks (Excel 254 KB)
- Letter to industry regarding final allocations 2011 (PDF 65 KB)
The spreadsheets below show final quota allocations for 2010 for whitefish and pelagic stocks (including Atlanto-Scandian Herring) in Area IV and VI, together with Faroes stocks and deep sea stocks.
Fisheries Management Team
Marine Management Organisation
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tel: 0300 123 1032
Fax: 0191 376 2681