Days at Sea: Cod Recovery Zone
Proposed changes to the distribution of effort allocations to vessels administered in England for 2014-15
The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) is proposing some minor changes to the Cod Recovery Zone Days at Sea Scheme Rules for 2014-15. Download and read a short paper that sets out these possible changes (PDF 35 KB).
The changes take into account ideas and concerns expressed by fishermen during this year. The aim is to allocate effort so that the distribution of additional days better reflects the benefits that measures fishermen perform bring to the recovery of cod stocks.
The deadline to comments on these proposals has passed.
The new cod scheme began on 1 February 2013.
Read the Days at Sea Scheme 2013-14 Cod Recovery Zone scheme rules (PDF 594 KB) updated 5 September 2013
- Letter to industry confirming the Days at Sea arrangement from 1 February 2013 to 31 January 2014 (PDF 125 KB)
If you meet the eligibility criteria and wish to apply to the Days at Sea Scheme you must complete the following forms.
- Annex A: Notification of gears to be used in the Cod Recovery Zone (PDF 151 KB)
- Annex B: Application to transfer days at sea for use in the Cod Recovery Zone (PDF 136 KB)
- Annex C: Application form to be allocated days for vessels catching less than 5 per cent cod (PDF 119 KB)
- Annex D: Form to notify of a vessel's intention to undertake additional conservation measures (PDF 125 KB)
Effort Management Team
Marine Management Organisation
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tel: 0191 376 2596
Fax: 0191 376 2681
Effort use statistics
Monthly statistics are provided to the European Commission to supervise control of fishing effort by the UK.
Help with documents
Some of these documents are in the portable document format (PDF) for downloading. Adobe Acrobat Reader can be freely downloaded from www.adobe.com/uk/