Days at Sea: Cod Recovery Zone
We have issued the Cod Recovery Zone guidance notes and notification letters for the 2013/14 scheme. The rules were updated on 20 March 2013 to include new paragraph 14.6.
The new cod scheme began on 1 February 2013.
Read the Days at Sea Scheme 2013-14 Cod Recovery Zone scheme rules (PDF 208 KB) updated 20 March 2013
- Letter to industry confirming the Days at Sea arrangement from 1 February 2013 to 31 January 2014 (PDF 125 KB)
If you meet the eligibility criteria and wish to apply to the Days at Sea Scheme you must complete the following forms.
- Annex A: Notification of gears to be used in the Cod Recovery Zone (PDF 149 KB)
- Annex B: Application to transfer days at sea for use in the Cod Recovery Zone (PDF 136 KB)
- Annex C: Application form to be allocated days for vessels catching less than 5 per cent cod (PDF 119 KB)
- Annex D: Form to notify of a vessel's intention to undertake additional conservation measures (PDF 125 KB)
Fisheries Management and Effort Control Team
Marine Management Organisation
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tel: 0191 376 2596
Fax: 0191 376 2681
Effort use statistics
Monthly statistics are provided to the European Commission to supervise control of fishing effort by the UK.
Help with documents
Some of these documents are in the portable document format (PDF) for downloading. Adobe Acrobat Reader can be freely downloaded from www.adobe.com/uk/