- Annual Report and Accounts
- This covers the financial year 2011-12.
Annual Report and Accounts 2011-12 (PDF 4 MB)
- Better regulation in the Marine Management Organisation
- In November 2010, we were added to the list of public bodies and regulators to which the Legislative and Regulatory Reform Act 2006 (LRRA) applies. This legislation places in law the better regulation principles, provides restrictions and safeguards on the introduction of new legislation and on the placing of additional administrative and financial burden on business.
Better regulation in the Marine Management Organisation (PDF 122 KB)
- Compliance and Enforcement Strategy
- This document sets out our overall approach to achieving compliance and provides information about the general principles we will follow for the information of those affected parties and others with an interest.
Compliance and Enforcement Strategy (PDF 89 KB)
- Summary of responses: Draft Compliance and Enforcement Strategy (PDF 112 KB)
- Corporate plan
- Our Corporate Plan
2013-16, which sets out our commitment to the
marine area and all those who use it for the next three
years. Our role is to protect, improve and help our
seas flourish in order to increase their value to the
economy, society and the environment.
Corporate Plan 2013-16 (PDF 1.3 MB)
- Framework document
- This document sets out the overarching framework for the sponsorship, governance and accountability arrangements between the Marine Management Organisation (MMO) and the Government. It has been drawn up by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) and MMO in collaboration with the other sponsoring government departments – Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC), Department for Transport (DfT), Communities and Local Government (DCLG) and the Ministry of Defence (MoD).
Her Majesty's Government and the Marine Management Organisation Framework Document 2012 (PDF 811 KB)
- Section 14 of the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009 agreement between the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and the Marine Management Organisation
- Recently the Marine Management Organisation (MMO) entered into a new agreement with the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs under Section 14 of the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009. This agreement takes effect from the 17 July 2012 and replaces all previous agreements with that department. The agreement sets out marine functions that the MMO performs on behalf of the Secretary of State and covers functions relating to fisheries management, marine licensing and marine nature conservation.
Read a full copy of the agreement (PDF 170 KB)
- Social Research Strategy
- The Social Research Strategy (SRS) has been developed to set the focus and direction for the MMO's social evidence and research programme. Socio-economics have been identified as one of the eight priority research areas outlined in the Strategic Evidence Plan. The cross-cutting nature of social research across the MMO's priority research programmes and the MMO operational functions stimulated the development of this SRS as an important addendum to the SEP.
The purpose of this strategy is to enable the MMO to develop its social research capacity and capability, so that it can fully integrate social considerations into not only marine planning but also licensing, fisheries management and conservation. This SRS informs the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and other relevant bodies of the MMO's priorities for social research and facilitates partnership working in this important area.
Read the Social Research Strategy (PDF 338 KB)
- Stakeholder Engagement Strategy
- We have a responsibility to uphold stakeholder engagement mechanisms to support the discharge of our responsibilities. Relationships must be at strategic, developmental and operational levels.
Our objectives for the first two years of engagement activity focused on ensuring those affected by the decisions we make understood our role and how they could influence decision making.
We have developed a set of strategic stakeholder engagement outcomes that we will deliver over the next 3 to 5 years, which will steer all of our engagement activities.
Stakeholder Engagement Strategy (PDF 252 KB)
- Statutory guidance to the Marine Management Organisation on its contribution to the achievement of sustainable development
- This is one of a suite of documents which guide our operations. The statutory guidance sets out the UK Government’s view of the role of the Marine Management Organisation and the principles we will follow in fulfilling our overall objective of making contribution to the achievement of sustainable development, in accordance with section 2 of the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009.
Statutory guidance to the Marine Management Organisation on its contribution to the achievement of sustainable development (PDF 837 KB)
- Strategic Evidence Plan
- We developed the Strategic Evidence Plan (SEP) to set the focus and direction of travel for our evidence and research programme for the period of 2011 to 2015. It does so by:
- identifying high-level priority areas for evidence considered essential for the delivery of our business targets from 2011 to 2015
- prioritising evidence commissions to support our operational functions
- identifying immediate priorities for 2011/2012
- informing the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs' Marine Evidence Programme and other relevant bodies of our priorities to facilitate strategic engagement.
- Sustainable development in the Marine Management Organisation
- We have a statutory duty to make a contribution to the achievement of sustainable development, and, where possible, to make an integrated assessment of environment, social and economic issues.
Sustainable development in the Marine Management Organisation (PDF 130 KB) updated 24 November 2011
- Organisation structure
- Organisation structure chart (PDF 24 KB)
- Sea View
- Sea View is our newsletter for those with an interest in the marine and coastal area.
- Sea View issue 1, June 2010 (PDF 495 KB)
- Annual Report and Accounts 2009-10 (PDF 1.6 MB)
Annual Report and Accounts 2010-11 (PDF 2.3 MB)
Annual Review 2010-11 (PDF 2.5 MB) – A summary of the annual report that includes key achievements from the Marine Management Organisation's first year.
Business plan 2010-11 (PDF 3.5 MB): this covers the complete financial year 2010-11.
Corporate plan 2010-11 to 2012-13 (PDF 4.2 MB): 2010-11, 2011-12 and 2012-13.
Corporate Plan 2011-15 (PDF 1.2 MB)
Corporate Plan 2012-15 (PDF 3.1 MB)
Sea View issue 1, June 2010 (PDF 495 KB)
Help with documents
Some of these documents are in the portable document format (PDF) for downloading. Adobe Acrobat Reader can be freely downloaded from www.adobe.com/uk/